So You Want to Be an Entrepreneur? | College Hunks Moving & Hauling Junk
Many people dream of owning their own business, but it takes a certain type of person to make those dreams a successful reality. Those who do are often considered entrepreneurs – talented visionaries with a flair for business, the foresight and sensitivity to perceive an unanswered customer need, and the creativity, skills, and tenacity to answer it. There are several types of entrepreneurs but experts say that all have some personality traits in common. Research has found that the top two personality traits that entrepreneurs share are perception and intuition. In other words, they know a good business opportunity when they see it.
While it may seem that money would be the driving force for entrepreneurs, many experts agree that they are more motivated by their passion to do what they love to do. They are also highly motivated to attain success and aren’t afraid to work hard to achieve it. Perhaps best of all, they know how to motivate their employees and inspire them to help achieve their dreams and join them on their journey to success. Entrepreneurs also are incurable optimists, always able to envision positive future outcomes from their efforts. They are creative in solving problems and devising new ideas. In addition, they are risk-takers who understand the classic truism: nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Business and psychology experts have separated the types of entrepreneurs into four categories based on their willingness to accept innovative ideas and those ideas corresponding risk level:
- Innovative Entrepreneur: These are industry leaders who have new ideas and create transformational products and services. They are the consummate risk-takers, always ready to rise to a challenge.
- Imitating Entrepreneurs: These business leaders take what Innovative Entrepreneurs have created, understand how to duplicate it, and employ their intuition and business skills to launch the concept in markets that need it.
- Fabian Entrepreneurs: These are the skeptics of the entrepreneur crowd. They observe the success of entrepreneurial concepts and participate only when they are satisfied in their belief that they will succeed with the concept.
- Drone Entrepreneurs: Highly resistant to change, these entrepreneurs keep their businesses very much the same as when they created them – even if they are losing money in the process.
Few businesses are right for every type of entrepreneur, but franchising with College HUNKS Hauling Junk & Moving is that opportunity. We are the only full-service residential and commercial service company that offers moving, junk removal, donation pickups, and labor services in the US as well as Canada. Our business venture started in 2005 with two college buddies and a cargo van. By 2007, we had expanded and our franchising efforts took off across the country. Today, we strive to be a symbol of high-quality moving and junk removal services that are fast, flexible, and dependable. We also are dedicated to providing a high-quality business opportunity for entrepreneurial-minded business leaders by taking the uncertainty out of owning your own business and providing all the tools you need to succeed.
- Proven Track Record of Success – Listed within the top 3% of all franchise opportunities in the US, College HUNKS has grown our national presence in the stress-free junk removal and moving space with nearly 150 franchise locations. As a brand, we reached $100 million in revenue in 2019. That same year, we added 25 new franchisees and five corporate stores – more than in 2017 and 2018 combined. In 2020 – even during the COVID-19 pandemic – we have continued to build the brand and bring more franchisees into our network.
- Known Brand in an Exclusive Territory – Our franchisees reap the benefits of our brand recognition and a long-standing national marketing effort.
- Training Programs/Ongoing Support – With a strong culture of mentoring, our franchisees receive comprehensive training on the specifics of running their franchise and have ongoing support in person and virtually from our team of professionals who are incentivized to ensure their success.
- Marketing Support – Franchise partners receive opportunities to market the brand as well as branded materials to be used in local efforts along with the support of their marketing team.
- Financing is Easier – We understand everyone doesn’t have all the money needed to start up on hand – it’s an investment. Lenders prefer to provide financing to new business owners who are buying into successful franchises because they believe there is a lower risk of repayment default.