How Do I Get Rid of Junk in My Garage?
Did you know that 50% of homeowners named the garage as the most cluttered and disorganized area of their home? If you are feeling a little frustrated by the mess in your garage, trust us, you are not alone. The idea of cleaning out your garage can be overwhelming. College HUNKS offers garage cleanouts that remove the junk from your home’s most problematic area but there are a few things you can do on your own to get rid of junk in your garage.
- Take on one area at a time. Use your time wisely by being methodical and moving through your garage in sections.
- Organize items into piles. Make piles for donation, keep, and junk. As you move through each section, if you haven’t used the item in over a year, it’s safe to say that it’s time to donate it or trash it. For items that are too heavy to move, place a color-coded sticker on them so it’s easier to remember what’s junk.
- Reorganize items you want to keep. Look at the things you are keeping and reorganize them by type (i.e., sports equipment, tools, holiday decorations, etc.). Label a few storage bins to keep things organized and it will be easier to find these items later.
- Add shelving to your garage. Adjustable shelving units are a great way to keep your garage from getting cluttered again. They help keep things off the floor and out of the way.
- Reconsider the big appliances. If your family is not really using that deep freezer or extra refrigerator anymore, College HUNKS can donate them so someone else can make good use of them.
Call College HUNKS to clear out your garage and haul away your donations and junk. The HUNKS can haul away a wide array of items from your garage cleanout including old tires, scrap wood, tools, refrigerators, etc. We will provide a free estimate for your garage cleanout before beginning any work so you can be assured of a stress- and surprise-free experience.