If You Have These Things, It Might Be Time To Toss Them Out
A well-organized and tidy home creates a cozy and welcoming environment. It also adds to your room's general ambiance, which boosts your productivity and relieves stress. On the other hand, a home that's cluttered and messy can feel overwhelming, suffocating, and just downright depressing.
Everything from stacks of papers and magazines on your coffee table to clothes spilling out of your closet can make it difficult to focus and relax. That's why it's vital to declutter your home regularly.
Not only will decluttering and removing old junk make your space more enjoyable to be in, but it will also be easier to clean. And who doesn't love a clean house? Not sure where to start? Here are some things that you should consider getting rid of, but first:
Factors to Consider when Looking for Items to Toss Out
When looking for items to toss out, you might feel conflicted about what you should keep and what you should get rid of. After all, they are items you once loved, and some may even carry sentimental value.
Maybe it's your old high school yearbook, a gift from your ex, or that dress you've only worn once. While you might want to hold on to them, sometimes it's just best to let go – for the sake of your sanity and the cleanliness of your home. Here are a few factors to consider that will help make the decision-making process a little easier:
- When last did you use the item? - If you can't remember the last time you used an item, chances are you don't need it.
- How old is the item? - old, outdated items can take up valuable space in your home. If you can't remember when you bought it or how long you've had it, chances are it's time to get rid of it.
- What's the condition of the item? - If the item is broken, stained, or just plain ugly, it might be time to let it go. Keeping damaged or unsightly items around will only make your home look messier.
- Does the item have any sentimental value? - Items with a sentimental value can be tricky to get rid of. However, if you're holding on to it and never use or enjoy it, it's only taking up space in your home and is only best to get rid of it. Try taking a picture of it so you can keep its memories.
Junk Items to Toss Out
With that in mind, below are the top junk items you might want to consider getting rid of:
- Clothing - chances are you are still holding on to that college t-shirt or that dress from your high school reunion. If you haven't rocked it for over a year, chances are you never will.
- Children's toys - kids' toys are a great way to keep them entertained, but after a while, they can take up a lot of space. If your child is no longer a toddler, they probably don’t need toddler aged toys taking up space in their room. Get rid of the toys your child has outgrown and make room for other children's storage solutions.
- Old documents - we all have those old documents that we're holding on to for no reason. If you have paperwork from years ago, chances are you don't need it anymore. Shred or recycle them to get rid of the clutter.
- Unused electronics - electronics make our lives easier, but they can also take up a lot of space. Whether it's an old computer, DVD player or even a toaster oven, if you never use it, chances are you don't need it. Sell or donate it to declutter your home and get rid of the dust.
- Weird kitchen gadgets that you use once every ten years - sounds outright ridiculous, right? But we all have that one kitchen gadget that we use once and then never again. It's time to let it go and clear up some space in your kitchen.
Don't Stress Over It - Let College HUNKS Take Care of Your Junk
Decluttering your home is an exquisite way to reduce stress and improve your overall quality of life. But sometimes, getting rid of all that junk can be a daunting task. That's where College HUNKS comes in - we are experts in junk removal and can take care of everything for you.
We accept a wide range of items, from furniture and appliances to electronics and mattresses. We'll even take care of the heavy lifting, so you don't have to. Contact us today to book a junk removal service, and let us help you take back your space