7 Ways Local Movers Take The Stress Out Of Moving
If you’re preparing for a local move, you’ve likely thought about whether or not to hire local movers. On its own, that decision can be a major source of stress. But in the long run, hiring movers is one of the best ways to take the stress out of moving.
At College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving®, we know how much stress and anxiety you can avoid by hiring professional local movers. So long as you hire a qualified moving company — one with proper licensing, professional training, and a proven track record — you can avoid a ton of stressful situations when moving from one address to another.
Below, we’ve listed seven of the most important ways a local moving company can reduce the stress, pressure, and anxiety of moving.
REDUCE MOVING STRESS WITH LOCAL MOVERS
1. Protective Packing. Not all movers provide packing services. But if you hire local movers who perform packing services, you can worry less about damage to your belongings. Qualified movers receive training in the best ways to pack fragile and damage-prone items. That’s a big upgrade over the “guess-and-hope-for-the-best” approach used by most homeowners.
2. Moving Large Items. Heavy appliances, large furniture, and all those boxes can be an issue when moving. The weight and dimensions of these items can make them difficult to move without the right equipment, adequate training, or sufficient physical strength. If dropped or mishandled, these items can inflict serious damage to walls or floors or the items could suffer damage themselves.
3. Moving Injuries. Heavy items aren’t just a danger to your home and your belongings. They can also be a danger to yourself, your friends, and your family. Moving often results in lower back injuries, which are caused when movers use the wrong lifting techniques. Other common injuries include broken fingers and toes, joint sprains, and torn ligaments.
4. Physical Labor. Even if you’re careful to avoid moving injuries, the moving process can be physically exhausting. Between packing, lifting, loading, unloading, unpacking, and arranging, it’s easy to wear yourself out over the course of a move. By hiring local movers, you don’t need to worry about whether your strength or stamina is up to the task.
5. Inventory Tracking. It’s easy to lose track of cherished items when moving. While some people have a knack for project management, many of us lack the logistical skills needed to keep track of an entire household’s worth of belongings. Local movers use proven systems to solve these concerns so that none of your items disappear in transit.
6. Time Management. Moving is a time-intensive project, one that takes weeks of planning and countless hours of hard work. When moving day arrives, you can feel like you’re fighting a losing battle with the clock. Professional movers can put your time management worries to rest. They’re experienced, so they know how to plan your move in a time-effective manner. They also know how to work quickly and efficiently, without sacrificing safety.
7. Overall Peace of Mind. On projects as big and important as a move, stress isn’t always related to one specific thing. Instead, you might suffer from general anxiety, wondering what you’ve forgotten, where you’ve gone wrong, or what you’ve failed to plan for. By hiring local movers, you can stop second-guessing yourself. Instead of worrying about all the different ways that your move could unravel, you can sit back, relax, and let the professionals handle the hard work.
Looking for local movers in your area? Get a free quote from College HUNKS Hauling Junk and Moving or call 1-888-689-5999 to book by phone.