Franchise Broker Information About College H.U.N.K.S.®
The Top Moving & Junk Hauling Franchise in North America
Welcome to the College H.U.N.K.S. Hauling Junk & Moving® Franchise Broker Page. We set this page up to address the specific needs of the Franchise Brokerage and Consultant Community. This is a page for Franchise Brokers only.
Why College Hunks Is “The Next Big Franchise Brand”
Joe Mathews, CEO of Franchise Performance Group, states all iconic franchise brands are built on a foundation of strong unit-level economics and rock-solid franchisee-franchisor relationships.
- Unit level economics—Franchise owners have experienced 113% growth in average revenues since 2013. The average total gross profit margin was $449,970 in 2017 (demonstrated in 2018 Item 19 FPR).
- Franchise owner relationships— College H.U.N.K.S.® receives top marks each year from Franchise Business Review (FBR Survey) and have been awarded their coveted TOP 50 Award, for the best-in-class franchise owner validation.
Meet Our Franchise Partners
Steven Roper | Raleigh, North Carolina
“When you have an environment where people enjoy working, you build a great culture that gives a team a focus. Throughout my career, I developed a lot of assistants who became store managers, and the chance to keep helping people get to a higher level was very appealing. My title is the ‘Director of Wow and Amaze,’ and if I wow and amaze my H.U.N.K.S., they wow and amaze my clients.”
Gary Bussard | St. Louis, Missouri
“One of the things that sets us apart is our labor force. It’s professional, young, enthusiastic, and trained. We are employing future leaders at College H.U.N.K.S.®. It really sets us apart from our competitors.”
Why we are in the Franchise Broker and Consultant “Sweet Spot”:
- Can be run semi-absentee or full time.
- Low entry cost business; ranges from $89,300 to $208,200, $150K average investment
- High growth—113% revenue growth since 2013.
- Large, protected territories (population of 300,000-400,000)
- Recession-resistant industry
- Eco-friendly and green business practices
- Top 50 Franchise Business Review (strong franchise owner validation)
- B2B and B2C component
- Scalable business with multiple revenue streams
- College Hunks is a “media darling,” receiving tens of millions of impressions on televisions and in print. Strong brand name recognition and pull demand in markets we currently do not service.
- Local moving is a highly fragmented business. The brands you recognize (Atlas, Mayflower, etc.) focus on high dollar interstate moves.
- 75% of franchise partners are multi-territory owners.
Ideal Franchise Candidates
- Lower middle to upper management and executives. Can be full-time or semi-absentee.
- Serial entrepreneurs looking for a high-growth opportunity. Again, can start College Hunks full time or launch with a GM.
- Sales and marketing professionals who value our intelligent brand positioning and ability to generate PR.
- Financial requirements: 50K liquid, 200K net worth.
College H.U.N.K.S.® is a Business with a Heart
College H.U.N.K.S.® mission is to “Move the World.” We take a highly stressful event like moving, downsizing, or uncluttering and turn it into a positive experience. Please read the story about how one College H.U.N.K. moved the world by becoming a human chair for an elderly woman trapped in an elevator.
Cesar Larios’ kind act toward an elderly woman goes viral.
Cesar Larios became a “human bench” for Rita Young, a resident of a senior center in Florida. In spring 2014, Cesar was inside an elevator with Rita Young, a 79-year-old resident, when the elevator got stuck. Rita started to worry — she didn’t think she could stand long enough to be rescued. So Cesar dropped to his hands and knees to turn himself into a human bench. A snapshot was put on Facebook and quickly went viral, warming hearts around the world, and picking up national media coverage on CNN in the process.