Spring Cleaning Check List
Spring is among us so it’s time to freshen up your home with some deep cleaning. Below is a check list for the major activities to complete in each room. Don’t forget to work top to bottom so that you don’t miss a spot, or clean the same one twice. Also, collect your tools and cleaning products before you start, so you don’t have to waste time hunting for them later.
- Clean out the fridge and freezer. Remove any expired or questionable food. Also, wipe down the shelves.
- Clean out and organize the junk drawer. Try using a silverware rack to help organize items.
- Remove crumbs from inside the appliances, then wipe down and set on self-clean.
- Wipe down all outsides of appliances.
- Clean the countertops and backsplash.
- Pillows can collect dust and bacteria – wash or replace them.
- Strip bed and wash the sheets.
- Pull out items from under the bed and vacuum before replacing.
- Remove items from closet, wipe down shelves, and refold items, if necessary, before replacing.
- Deep clean the couch by lifting the cushions and cleaning underneath. Also, wash, wipe down, or spray the cushions.
- Pull out furniture from against the walls if possible (couches, tables, entertainment consoles) to remove dust bunnies.
- Dust and wipe down tables and entertainment consoles.
- Sort through media such as DVDs, video games, magazines, and newspapers that are laying around. Donate any that you no longer need or want.
- Clear out the clutter.
- If you don’t already have a recycling bin – make one.
- Recycle or donate anything not used in the past year.
- Wipe down and dust any storage bins.
- Sweep and wash the floors.
- Clean the clutter off the counter and wash the countertops.
- Throw out expired shampoos, soaps, cosmetics and medications.
- Clean out the cabinets in the bathroom and underneath the sink.
- Clean the mirrors.
- Clean the sink, toilet, tub and/or shower.
- Wash or replace shower curtain lining.
Walls, Windows, Floors & Doors
- Clean door knobs and light switch plates.
- Wipe down doors and baseboards, and spot clean any stray marks on the walls.
- Wipe down the windowsills, clean the tracks, and clean both sides of the windows.
- Shake out and wash or vacuum rugs, carpets, and mats.
- Vacuum and mop the floor.
Want the College Hunks to help you? Click here.