How To Eliminate Stress While Moving
In honor of National Stress Awareness Month, we have come up with a few tips to eliminate stress while moving.
- Before you start packing – purge. Decide what items are going to the new home or getting donated or recycled.
- Obtain packing supplies – boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, etc. Or call College Hunks to do all of the packing for you!
- Start early and do a little bit a day. This takes an overwhelming task and turns it into something simple.
- As you get closer to your move, set aside a day or weekend that you can focus only on packing.
- Begin packing your least frequently used items
- Label boxes with the room and items to make unpacking easier.
- Organize your belongings in what you want packed together.
- Not only do we offer stress-free moving, but our junk removal is stress-free as well! All you have to do is point and it’s gone.
- Create a “pack last” box. It will be the last box loaded and first box unloaded. Put in important items you will need during or immediately after your move such as first aid kit, food and water, soap, towel, change of clothes, etc.
- Create a notebook, binder, or folder to hold all of your move notes. This way important documents won’t be lost or misplaced.
- Make a list of the tasks you need to complete before moving like shutting off your utilities, changing your address, enrolling children into school, etc.
- It’s okay to ask for help. Recruit a neighbor or friend to help pack in exchange for dinner or drinks.
- In the midst of planning your move, take time for yourself to relax. Go out to dinner with friends, watch a movie, or spend some quality time with your kids – whatever will take your mind off of the move.
Want to learn more about College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving’s stress-free service? Click here.