ALERT: Important Tips and Resources for Hurricane Sandy
As Hurricane Sandy approaches, College Hunks Hauling Junk and College Hunks Moving wants you to know that we are here for you.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of important items to keep in mind during and after Hurricane Sandy hits your area. These items include:
During the Storm
- Pay attention to TV and radio alerts.
- Turn your refrigerator to its coldest setting and keep the door closed (in case the power goes out).
- Keep your bathtub filled with water.
- DO NOT mistake a break in the storm (the eye) for the end of the storm.
- Keep your blinds drawn and stay away from the windows.
After the Storm
- Continue following updates on TV or radio.
- Be cognizant of possible flooding, downed power lines and other dangers outside.
- If necessary, text SHELTER and your zip code to 43362 (4FEMA) to locate the nearest shelter.
- Take pictures of any damage to your property.
To get even more tips for dealing with Hurricane Sandy, visit the government’s Hurricane Readiness site.Click here to schedule your post-storm priority cleanup and recovery assistance following Hurricane Sandy. You may also schedule by calling 1-800-586-5872.