How To Make Moving Easier
Tips for how-to make your move go as smoothly as possible!
- Move on a weekday if you can, when banks, utilities and government offices are open.
- Order preprinted address labels with your new address. It makes the change-of-address process much easier.
- Keep a log to check when your utilities will transfer service. If you’re moving locally, leave the power and water on at your old address to allow you time after your move to clean the property.
- Choose a “packing room” ahead of time and box up a few items each day, or hire a professional packing service to pack your home or office for you.
- Mark each box with its contents and destination room. That way, you and your labor helpers will know where each box belongs at your new home.
- To save time, call a professional carpet cleaner to shampoo your carpets when you book the moving company.
- If moving locally, you may want to leave your pets with a friend during moving day. Animals can become confused and frightened during a move.
Do you have some tips that are not listed here? Post them in the comments!