Ask Local Moving Companies
When you’re preparing for a move, researching local moving companies can be stressful. After all, you’re hiring a company that you will entrust with almost all of your personal belongings. The stakes don’t get much higher.
The good news? It’s a lot easier to research and evaluate moving companies than you might think — so long as you know what to look for and which questions to ask.
At College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving, we know what sets great moving companies apart from the competition. Here are seven questions we recommend asking when interviewing local moving companies in your area.
QUESTIONS FOR LOCAL MOVING COMPANIES
- What kinds of items are covered by your services?The last thing you want to find out on the day of your move is that your movers can’t (or won’t) move certain items. Overlarge appliances, grand pianos, large antiques, and home gyms are just some of the items that movers might have trouble with. So before hiring movers, make sure that all of your belongings are covered.
- How is pricing calculated for your services?Different moving companies have different ways of calculating pricing. Some companies will use tacked-on fees or fine-print clauses to increase the cost of their services. Make sure that you have a full, accurate understanding of how different companies price their services, including any add-on services you may want.
- Do you provide packing services and/or supplies?Speaking of add-on services, you may need to ask moving companies about whether or not they provide packing services and/or supplies. While some homeowners prefer to pack their own belongings, it is often easier and safer to have this done by professionals.
- Can you remove and dispose of unwanted items?When moving to a new home, you don’t want to take clutter with you. If you have a lot of unwanted items, it may be a good idea to hire a company that performs moving and clutter removal services. In many cases, it is much easier, less costly, and less time-intensive to hire a single company than two different ones.
- Are your movers professionally trained?Untrained movers work more slowly than trained professionals. Worse yet, they can easily damage your belongings or your home while moving items. Despite these problems, many companies take an “on the job” approach to training movers. Avoid these companies at all costs. Instead, find one that requires professional training for all movers.
- Is your company properly licensed?Before hiring a moving service, check to make sure that it is licensed to provide moving services in your state. Licensing typically includes a full background check, which reduces your chance of being victimized by untrustworthy companies. Licensing also requires the company to carry insurance, which will protect you financially in the event of damage or injury on your property.
- How pleased are your clients with your services?Client testimonials are often the best measure of a moving service, so it’s a good idea to ask moving companies for customer testimonials. Online reviews are another great way to gauge different moving services, particularly when companies have a substantial number of reviews.
A BETTER MOVING COMPANY: COLLEGE HUNKS HAULING JUNK AND MOVING
If you live in one of the 100+ cities served by College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving, you don’t need to search far for the perfect local moving company. Our professionally trained movers offer everything you need for a stress-free move, including loading, transportation, unloading, and arranging with the option of packing/unpacking and clutter removal services. We are fully licensed, provide transparent pricing, and have earned thousands of 5-star reviews from happy clients.
College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving has moving companies across North America. Call 1-888-689-5999 to connect with your local office, or book a free in-person estimate online.